WE ARE ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR PEACE OFFICER, WE ARE ALSO ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST TO ESTABLISH A HIRING LIST
Click on Careers link to download application
Welcome to the Torrington Police Department's Web Site. We hope you will find the information you are looking for. If you cannot find what your looking for let us know so we can update the site to provide as much useful information as possible.
The mission of the Torrington Police Department is two fold:
- To enhance the quality of life in the community by protecting life and property, maintaining order and providing a range of general and emergency services.
- To enhance the quality of life in the work place through equitable treatment, job enrichment and promotion of a sense of self worth in all employees.
The Torrington Police Department believes that policing should be an interactive, result-oriented process between the Police and the community. The process should:
- Create a cooperative relationship between the Police employees and those we serve.
- Identify problems that impact the quality of life in the community.
- Devise strategies to address these problems.
- Work collaboratively to solve them utilizing all resources available.
SECONDS COUNT IN AN EMERGENCY!
The City Torrington and County of Goshen has instituted the CodeRED Emergency Notification System - an ultra high-speed telephone communication service for emergency notifications. This system allows us to telephone all or targeted areas of the City and County in case of an emergency situation that requires immediate action (such as a boil-water notice, missing child or evacuation notices). The system is capable of dialing 50,000 phone numbers per hour. It then delivers our recorded message to a live person or an answering machine, making three attempts to connect to any number.
THIS SYSTEM WILL ONLY BE USED FOR EMERGENCY PURPOSES.
Examples of times when the CodeRED system could be utilized: Drinking water contamination, Utility outage, Evacuation notice & route, Missing person, Fires or Floods, Bomb threat, Hostage situation, Chemical spill or Gas leak, and other emergency incidents where rapid and accurate notification is essential for life safety.